What questions should you ask your Doctor or Urologist?
- How accurate is PSA in detecting prostate cancer? What percentage of patients with an elevated PSA have prostate cancer?
- What are the alternatives to a prostate biopsy?
- What percentage of patients with positive biopsies are positive for aggressive prostate cancer?
- What if I am diagnosed with a low-grade (Gleason Score 6) form of prostate cancer? Is treatment recommended?
- What is my out of pocket cost for a prostate biopsy?
- What percentage of your biopsies are negative or detect a low-grade prostate cancer for which no treatment is recommended?
- Is there any risk if I decide to first take the 4Kscore Test to see what information we learn before committing for a biopsy?
- If I am willing to pay for the 4Kscore Test, will you order it?
- Do you have the ability to draw a blood sample for the 4Kscore Test?
How do I know whether I have aggressive prostate cancer?